Saturday, June 11, 2011

Ranaway: Part II

"y-You.." she stuttered. "What are you doing here?"
"I don't know you." he said to her.
"Well obviously.." She couldn't control her sarcasm, it was her automatic defence.
"Then why are you talking like you know me?"
She was taken aback, she was talking like she knew him.
"Well it's just, you're Nathaniel Crowe."
Now it was his turn to be taken aback.
"How do you know my name?"
"You mean you haven't seen the missing persons posters? They are all over town.." She paused, recounting the information on the poster "Missing, Nathaniel Crowe, Seventeen, Went missing last Tuesday night, If you have any information, contact Mrs Crowe on 0439865734 and there's a picture.. of well, you."
Nathaniel looked distant, he mumbled a word which sounded vaguely like "Mum" An expression of pain crossed his face.
"Well, you never answered me" Vanessa told him.
"What?"
"What are you doing here?"
"I can't tell you."
"Well then, Why are you sneaking around on my doorstep" She managed to remain calm, but she could feel her heart beating in her chest.
"It's cold" he looked embarrassed "And I could see the light was on, So, uhm.. Do you have any food?"
Vanessa was flustered, he's been missing for about two weeks, of course he is hungry.
"Yeah, uhm, come in," She gestured awkwardly.
"I should probably let you know, before you get involved"
She didn't know what he mean't by "get involved" but her heart beat faster.
"I'm on the run, not just missing. People are after me."

No comments:

Post a Comment